Friday, February 11, 2011

Harley Quinn? Maybe. But HAROLD Quinn???

Let's be honest.  When The Dark Knight came into theaters, I was blown away.  And since then, I have speculated all possible rumors for Batman 3, even before Nolan officially said he was doing it.  I even remember the story leaked on April Fool's Day some time ago saying that Johnny Depp would be a part of the Batman franchise as the Riddler, but only if Tim Burton would direct it.  Remember that one?  No?  It's a doozy, for damn sure.

After leaving the theater, my first thoughts were on the Penguin and Riddler just like everyone else's.  With Heath Ledger passed on, Joker was certainly out.  This did beg the question, though, that Nolan said he would only return if Heath's Joker was in the third installment.  Well, if one cannot do Joker, why not do the next best thing?  Harley Quinn and Riddler were my villains of choice.

That time has long since passed.  But here's some food for thought.  Selena Kyle (not necessarily Catwoman) is confirmed, Bane is confirmed, and Scarecrow (I would bet 1000 bucks on it) will make an appearance.  AND Joseph Gordan-Levitt is unconfirmed for a role.

Here's the story.

There's a video on the Tube that has some guy with "reliable sources" (as they all have) saying that Harley Quinn would be rewritten as Harold Quinn.  This character would be the Joker's psychiatrist and would go insane treating him, thus becoming the Joker.

This is the way (according to the Tuber's proclamations) that the Joker would be recast without actually recasting Heath Ledger's Joker.

To be honest, I don't like it.  It's too different and too radical.  I think a change like this would send tremendous ripples throughout Batman Fandom, but don't take my word on it.  Anything is possible I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment