Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lukas Haas Attacks!

Ok, screw the corny "Mars Attacks!" joke.

Here are the latest versions of the DKR rumors to start circulating.  Starting with the "confirmed" roles:  Marion Cotillard as Talia Al Ghul and Joseph Gordan-Levitt as Roman Sionis.  I can see it, but only just.  With Bane, Selina Kyle, Talia Al Ghul, Black Mask, the Mob, as well as other villains, there seems to be an overwhelming amount of villainry going on around here.

So let's add to the chaos.

Lukas Haas, a cast member of Inception, and who is probably best known for his role in "Mars Attacks!" (at least for me), is rumored to be in talks for the role of Alberto Falcone.  I'm not going to lie here.  I've seen the comic book versions of Alberto, and to be honest, this would be a better casting choice for this role than Gordan-Levitt.  Haas just has the traditional comic-book look of Alberto.  Though, I don't feel that this role will be very large.  You can't have a million villains all with their own agendas.  It' anticlimatic.

Casting Gordan-Levitt as Black Mask could be interesting.  That said, I'm not sure the fitting of this role into Nolan's vision.  I had figured Alberto Falcone would be the perfect tie for all three Batman films.  Black Mask seems to be more of an after-thought to me.

Who knows.

Thats why I'm not the one writing the script.

No comments:

Post a Comment